I remember his first few months. He wanted to build star wars (to enrich his Daddy via the Carlyle Group). He paid NO attention to terrorism, bin Laden, Richard Clark…
The bumbling, incompetent fool nearly wrecked this country, and the world economy. Repeal everything that passed while he was POTUS, starting with the tax giveaway to the wealthy.
How anyone can vote for a Republican, again, after the Bush years is completely beyond me. When someone tells me they’re considering voting for a Republican I lose respect for them, instantly. The GOP has gone completely insane.
We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than 40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.
The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.
When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.
I can’t believe this was published today by the right wing Washington Post.
What does “GOP” stand for? Here’s what I’ve got, so far;
Greedy Oil Party
Gaming Our Population
Giving Out Poverty
Government Offing People
Geezers On Parade
Gang Of Punks
Group Of Predators
Grabbing Our Prosperity
Graft Or Payola
Governing Only (for) Profit
I’m trying to figure out how to use the word “Opulent” in there, but I haven’t come up with anything.
1) Shut down government to stop health care bill.
2) Attempt to privatize Social Security.
3) Spend every waking hour investigating the Obama administration.
4) Repeal the 14th amendment — divest immigrants’ children of citizenship.
5) Cap and trade? Forget about it.
6) More disastrous economic policies like the practices that caused our financial crisis.
7) Kill or drastically slash Food Stamp program.
8) Roll back and repeal equal rights for gays.
9) Abandon the unemployed.
10) Paralyze one branch of our government.